Up, Up & Away!
Experience the incredible exhilaration of a hot air balloon ride! Imagine silently floating above the treetops and enjoying a bird’s eye view as the world glides below you. At Balloon Odyssey, we fly with the finest pilots available. Balloon Odyssey has been flying passenger rides in Louisville since 1974.
A balloon ride is a wonderful gift for that special someone, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, or the introduction to an exciting new sport.
Please contact us today to schedule your ballooning adventure! Our phone number is 502-245-1588
- A gift certificate is the ultimate gift for a treasured memory.
- Great for any occasion….Christmas, Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries.
- You can select the date for the flight or your special someone can schedule at their convenience.
- The certificate is valid for one full year.
- Please contact us today!
- 3 or more in your group? …. Please call us at (502) 245-1588 or send us an email about special rates for groups of three or more passengers. MasterCard and Visa are gladly accepted. Please contact us today!
- The temperature in the basket will be about the same as the temperature on the ground. If you would wear a jacket or sweater on the ground, then you will want it in the balloon.
- Dress comfortably: Jeans, tennis shoes, and please no high heels.
- We schedule flight times both early morning and late evenings all year round. To schedule your ride, please call us at (502) 245-1588. If you need to re-schedule your ride, we need to know at least three days in advance.
- You will be aloft approximately 1 hour, but please allow 2-1/2 to 3 hours for the entire adventure.
- A balloon is limited in the amount of weight it can carry. Therefore, we need to know in advance if you weigh more than 210 pounds. This information will help us to schedule your ride on a day in which we are sure you will be able to enjoy your ride.
- If you are 65 years of age or older, please let us know in advance. We would like to check on the physical condition of passengers in this category before scheduling a flight. Landings can be a bit bouncy, and you will be required to climb into and out of the basket.
- If you are pregnant, just had surgery, have knee or back problems, or can’t stand up for at least an hour, we are sorry, but no flights allowed! No exceptions. (We are happy to give you a refund or transfer your certificate to someone else if you fall into this category.)
Yes. We love to share ballooning with others. Balloonists fly for the pure pleasure of flying. Once you have experienced the exhilaration of silent flight you will anxiously await your next opportunity to fly. You will look forward to sharing this adventure with your family and friends.
Please see our balloon rides page for additional information.
We originate each flight from 108 Urton Lane, Louisville, KY 40223. We are conveniently located with easy access to the Gene Snyder Freeway.
View Larger Map
Please call to reserve your flight date or for more information about balloon rides.
We suggest that children should be tall enough to stand in the basket and see over the top of the basket. In addition, we suggest that children be old enough to be able to stand in the basket for about an hour without getting too restless. This is for their own enjoyment.
If children do not meet these guidelines, it is highly unlikely that they will enjoy the experience. It has been our experience that children who have reached age 10, usually, meet these guidelines.